[Ardour-Dev] Licensing and enforced payments

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 22:40:46 PST 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 12:54 AM, Patrick Shirkey <
pshirkey at boosthardware.com> wrote:

> Voting against a simple way for Ardour to make some cash is effectively
> saying to Paul that you don't really care if he is part of Ardour
> development any longer.

No, not at all, and to be honest it is offensive for something like this to
be stated.  The reason for some of us to voice an opinion against a
_PARTICULAR_ proposed way for Ardour to make money is because we think it
lowers the quality of Ardour in some way that is not acceptable to us, in
other words we don't think that money is worth compromising certain things.
This could also be a comparison of _how_ _much_ money it would likely bring
in not being worth the compromise.  How each person decides this is based on
their own opinion, I am not saying that you are wrong for disagreeing with
us, just that you are wrong for thinking we don't care about Ardour or Paul
because we disagree with you.

         Seablade