[Ardour-Dev] Website integration with Ardour interface

Don Fredricks ardour at handsfull.net
Mon Jan 19 11:32:46 PST 2009

> If it happens at all I completely agree.  Of course I am still not a fan
of the concept.

How about an introductory screen that would take the place of the current
"Session Control" dialog that appears when Ardour is started?

The screen could look like a web page, and could include links to the
forums and mailing lists, info about the IRC channel, a link to Mantis, a
news ticker, a link to "how to get started" information or FAQ, and (ahem)
a plea for donations, in addition to the current session control
functionality.

All of this would go away as soon as a project is opened.

This screen should be attractive and inviting, in support of the Ardour
"brand". It should degrade gracefully in the absence of an Internet
connection, or if the user turns it off by setting a preference. (Maybe it
could include a "never show this again" checkbox.)

Don