[Ardour-Dev] configuration woes on OpenBSD

Jan Stary hans at stare.cz
Wed Jan 7 02:46:18 PST 2009

Dear all,

I am trying to install Ardour 2.7.1 on my OpenBSD 4.4-stable (i386),
realizing that my platform is not really supported.

I have installed everything required as per
http://www.ardour.org/building, except SLV2.

When trying to configure and build, I get

$ scons PREFIX=/usr/local GTK=yes KSI=yes NLS=no FFT_ANALYSIS=yes
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Checking for pkg-config version >= 0.8.0... yes
Checking for gthread-2.0... yes
Checking for lrdf... yes
Checking for libgnomecanvas-2.0... yes
Checking for gtk+-2.0... yes
Checking for jack... yes
Checking for samplerate... yes
Checking for glib-2.0... yes
Checking for libxml-2.0... yes
Checking for raptor... yes
Checking for fftw3f...yes
Checking for fftw3...yes
Checking for aubio...yes
Checking for C header file fftw3.h... yes
FREESOUND support is not enabled.  Build with 'scons FREESOUND=1' to enable.
Checking for slv2... no
LV2 support is not enabled (SLV2 not found or older than 0.6.0)
WIIMOTE not enabled. Build with 'scons WIIMOTE=1' to enable support.
Congratulations, you have a functioning C++ compiler.
system triple: i386-unknown-openbsd4.4

*******************************
detected DIST_TARGET = i386
*******************************

Checking for C header file fftw3.h... no

You do not have the FFTW single-precision development package installed.
This prevents Ardour from using the Rubberband library for timestretching
and pitchshifting. It will fall back on SoundTouch for timestretch, and
pitchshifting will not be available.

Checking for usb_interrupt_write() in C library usb... no
Checking for C header file linux/input.h... no
Checking for FLAC__seekable_stream_decoder_init() in C++ library FLAC... no
Checking for C++ header file boost/shared_ptr.hpp... yes
Checking for lo_server_new() in C library lo... no
liblo does not appear to be installed.

First thing that puzzles me is that scons finds fftw3.h first

	Checking for C header file fftw3.h... yes

and a few lines later does not:

	Checking for C header file fftw3.h... no

Also, liblo _is_ installed:

	 $ ldconfig -r | grep liblo
	 252:-llo.6.0 => /usr/local/lib/liblo.so.6.0

What can I do to help scons find the installed libraries?

	Thanks

		Jan