[Ardour-Dev] big commit in 2.0-ongoing SVN needs testing

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Apr 14 12:27:16 PDT 2009

I have just committed a huge change to the deep internals of 2.X which
is intended to fix at least one known bug. The change is deep,
pervasive and potentially crash-inducing. Along the way, I may have
altered parts of how latency compensation operates.

I'd really appreciate as many people as possible doing a build and
testing stuff out in whatever style they normally work. Latency
compensation in particular needs careful checking, and my current
cabling set up here in the studio makes this tricky for me to do in
all the required ways.

Please don't report crashes without backtraces, which means that scons
DEBUG=1 is a must.

Thanks for your help. This change should fix at least the "click at
loop point" error, but there is potential for other subtle yet
incorrect/dangerous behaviour to also be corrected by the change.

rev 4979 or later contains the new magic.

--p