[Ardour-Dev] My new 9652 and me...

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Thu Oct 16 14:09:44 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 11:47:49PM +0300, muadib at in.gr wrote:

> I tried it, it seems to work fine,thanks! Ok so far, now, the last thing left is to redirect the system's audio calls to the HDSP, without the need to reinstall my SBLive!
>
> I am talking about the sounds any program does, by using the system audio, such as aMSN, Mplayer, Xmms(done that, thanks to Paul Davis), etc.
>
> Is such a thing possible, or do I have to put my SBLive back in the box?

Many audio players (Xmms, Alsaplayer, Mplayer...) can
be configured to use Jack. Some may take the first few
ports they find, which may not always be what you want.

For the rest of them, I guess you will find out very
soon that if you are doing  any serious audio work you
don't want system beeps, incoming mail squeeks, KDE
jingles or whatever other nasties to go to your 'studio'
sound system. So just send them to your mobo audio or
SBLive...

Ciao,

--
FA