[Ardour-Dev] major Frontier Tranzport bug (but easy to fix)

Giso Grimm gg3137 at vegri.net
Thu Nov 27 13:21:50 PST 2008

Hi,

bug #1797 (using Frontier Tranzport device, deadlock when selecting
tracks, some tracks unreachable) is still in ardour 2.7, but would be
very easy to fix (a patch is attached to the mantis bug report, and
changing only one variable type would at least stop the deadlock problem).

The bug will appear in other control surfaces which use the function
"ControlProtocol::prev_track".

"patch < bug1797_deadlock_and_trackselection.diff" in the directory
"libs/surfaces/control_protocol" should fix both problems, I tested it
with several ardour versions. I (and probably most other users of the
Tranzport) would appreciate if this fix could be part of 2.7.1. If there
is a sponsorable cost for the application of the provided patch please
let me know... :-)

Giso