[Ardour-Dev] waveform display for master track

torbenh at gmx.de torbenh at gmx.de
Fri Nov 21 09:14:45 PST 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 01:30:19PM +0100, Paul Davis wrote:

> > In that case would it be acceptable to have the process automated or is
> > that just not going to happen?
>
> for now, i'd get a template working for you. we can consider including
> the template in the source etc. later. this is not "automatic" but it
> gets close to it with almost zero work.

he is already using the mater tape track solution.
he just calls it "print" :P

i actually dont see why you are against a GUIless and JACKless variant
of ardour ?
the GUIless thing would already be very nice for H104 and Fons.

the GUIless thingy should be easy, assuming libardour is still
orthogonal to the GUI. (which would be a bug, if that wasnt the case IMO)

now jackless ardour actually IS a weird concept ;) i admit that.
But it would at least be a very good test for the new Port
implemntation.
Needs some thought, where to put the decision which ports to use etc.
But its not a HUGE change.

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language