[Ardour-Dev] Building 2.7

Chris Ross chris at tebibyte.org
Fri Nov 21 05:14:26 PST 2008

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008, Chris Ross wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Nov 2008, Paul Davis wrote:
> > 2) you should know already that having 2 JACK's installed is a recipe
> > for pain. nasty pain. irritating pain.
>
> Fair enough. I settled for overwriting the SuSE supplied jack.

But now the build fails at

g++ -o libs/ardour/libardour.so -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math
-fstrength-reduce -pipe -DARCH_X86 -mmmx -march=i686 -msse -mfpmath=sse
-DUSE_XMMINTRIN -DBUILD_SSE_OPTIMIZATIONS -Wl,--export-dynamic -pthread
-shared libs/ardour/analyser.os libs/ardour/audioanalyser.os
libs/ardour/audio_diskstream.os libs/ardour/audioengine.os
libs/ardour/audiofilesource.os libs/ardour/audiofilter.os
libs/ardour/audio_library.os libs/ardour/audio_playlist.os
libs/ardour/audioregion.os libs/ardour/audiosource.os
libs/ardour/audio_track.os libs/ardour/auditioner.os
libs/ardour/automation.os libs/ardour/automation_event.os
libs/ardour/configuration.os libs/ardour/connection.os
libs/ardour/control_protocol_manager.os libs/ardour/crossfade.os
libs/ardour/curve.os libs/ardour/cycle_timer.os
libs/ardour/default_click.os libs/ardour/diskstream.os
libs/ardour/enums.os libs/ardour/gain.os libs/ardour/gdither.os
libs/ardour/globals.os libs/ardour/import.os libs/ardour/insert.os
libs/ardour/io.os libs/ardour/jack_slave.os libs/ardour/ladspa_plugin.os
libs/ardour/location.os libs/ardour/mix.os libs/ardour/mtc_slave.os
libs/ardour/named_selection.os libs/ardour/onset_detector.os
libs/ardour/panner.os libs/ardour/pcm_utils.os libs/ardour/playlist.os
libs/ardour/playlist_factory.os libs/ardour/plugin.os
libs/ardour/plugin_manager.os libs/ardour/port.os
libs/ardour/recent_sessions.os libs/ardour/redirect.os
libs/ardour/region.os libs/ardour/region_factory.os
libs/ardour/resampled_source.os libs/ardour/reverse.os
libs/ardour/route.os libs/ardour/route_group.os libs/ardour/send.os
libs/ardour/session_butler.os libs/ardour/session.os
libs/ardour/session_click.os libs/ardour/session_command.os
libs/ardour/session_events.os libs/ardour/session_export.os
libs/ardour/session_midi.os libs/ardour/session_process.os
libs/ardour/session_state.os libs/ardour/session_time.os
libs/ardour/session_transport.os libs/ardour/silentfilesource.os
libs/ardour/sndfile_helpers.os libs/ardour/sndfilesource.os
libs/ardour/sndfileimportable.os libs/ardour/source.os
libs/ardour/source_factory.os libs/ardour/svn_revision.os
libs/ardour/tempo.os libs/ardour/track.os
libs/ardour/transient_detector.os libs/ardour/utils.os
libs/ardour/version.os libs/ardour/sse_functions_xmm.os
libs/ardour/rb_effect.os libs/ardour/osc.os libs/ardour/sse_functions.os
-Llibs/pbd -Llibs/midi++2 -Llibs/libsndfile -Llibs/vamp-sdk -Llibs/sigc++2
-Llibs/glibmm2 -Llibs/rubberband -L/opt/gnome/lib -ljack -lpthread -lrt
-lfftw3 -lm -lfftw3f -lm -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lgthread-2.0
-lglib-2.0 -lglibmm2 -llrdf -lmidi++ -lpbd -lraptor -lxml2 -lz -lm
-lsamplerate -lsigc++2 -lsndfile-ardour -lvampsdk -lvamphostsdk -lxml2 -lz
-lm -lrubberband -llo
g++ -o libs/vamp-plugins/plugins.os -c -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
-ffast-math -fstrength-reduce -pipe -DARCH_X86 -mmmx -march=i686 -msse
-mfpmath=sse -DUSE_XMMINTRIN -DBUILD_SSE_OPTIMIZATIONS -Wall -DHAVE_LIBLO
-Ilibs -DENABLE_NLS -Woverloaded-virtual -Ilibs/vamp-sdk -fPIC
-Ilibs/vamp-sdk -Ilibs/vamp-plugins libs/vamp-plugins/plugins.cpp
In file included from libs/vamp-plugins/plugins.cpp:44:
libs/vamp-plugins/Onset.h:21:25: error: aubio/aubio.h: No such file or
directory
libs/vamp-plugins/Onset.h:56: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of
'fvec_t' with no type
libs/vamp-plugins/Onset.h:56: error: expected ';' before '*' token
libs/vamp-plugins/Onset.h:57: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of
'cvec_t' with no type
libs/vamp-plugins/Onset.h:57: error: expected ';' before '*' token
libs/vamp-plugins/Onset.h:58: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of
'fvec_t' with no type
libs/vamp-plugins/Onset.h:58: error: expected ';' before '*' token
libs/vamp-plugins/Onset.h:59: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of
'aubio_pvoc_t' with no type
libs/vamp-plugins/Onset.h:59: error: expected ';' before '*' token
libs/vamp-plugins/Onset.h:60: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of
'aubio_pickpeak_t' with no type
libs/vamp-plugins/Onset.h:60: error: expected ';' before '*' token
libs/vamp-plugins/Onset.h:61: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of
'aubio_onsetdetection_t' with no type
libs/vamp-plugins/Onset.h:61: error: expected ';' before '*' token
libs/vamp-plugins/Onset.h:62: error: 'aubio_onsetdetection_type' does not
name a type
scons: *** [libs/vamp-plugins/plugins.os] Error 1

At first glance, this looks as though the configure part finds there is no
aubio it goes on to build it and then fails when it isn't there

chris at happy 12:42:11 ardour-2.7 $ scons
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Checking for pkg-config version >= 0.8.0... (cached) yes
Checking for gthread-2.0... (cached) yes
Checking for lrdf... (cached) yes
Checking for libgnomecanvas-2.0... (cached) yes
Checking for gtk+-2.0... (cached) yes
Checking for jack... (cached) yes
Checking for samplerate... (cached) yes
Checking for glib-2.0... (cached) yes
Checking for libxml-2.0... (cached) yes
Checking for raptor... (cached) yes
Checking for fftw3f...(cached) yes
Checking for fftw3...(cached) yes
Checking for aubio...(cached) no
Checking for C header file fftw3.h... (cached) yes

Regards,
Chris R.