[Ardour-Dev] waveform display for master track

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Tue Nov 18 09:25:39 PST 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 10:08:53PM +0700, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> Yes it could and no it couldn't. The idea is to be able to look at the
> complete waveform for the session and see where the levels dip/rise so they
> can be fine tuned. This means no listening back in order to spot the points
> that need work.

I must be missing something very essential here. Maybe it has
already been pointed out, in that case I missed it.

For this waveform to be *defined* in the first place,
and it can exist before it is defined, you must have
mixed down. Doing this, you could as well have recorded
the result, and that would give you the display you want.

???

Ciao,

--
FA