[Ardour-Dev] waveform display for master track

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Nov 18 06:44:46 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 14:35 +0000, John Emmas wrote:

> I think this is one of those features that people would find really useful,
> once they'd tried it and tthey'd soon miss it if they went back to some
> other system that didn't offer it.

Such a system would completely violate several of the main code-level
assumptions about what a bus is. That doesn't make it impossible, but it
makes very hard.

Several experienced mix engineers have recently commented to me that
mixing music is all about what you hear, and very little about what you
see. Despite the discussion so far, I still do not see a clear purpose
for this.