[Ardour-Dev] waveform display for master track

plutek-infinity plutek at infinity.net
Tue Nov 18 06:23:19 PST 2008

>Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 14:28:06 +0000
>From: John Rigg <arddev at sound-man.co.uk>

>... My experience has been in traditional studio
>recording, where it's usual to rely on meters for peak levels, and
>listening for the overall sound.

even in a traditional edit/mix/master session, the workflow could be made more efficient by some process which could give us a profile of the final output levels, including information about where in the session various peaks live. this could be accomplished by peakfile generation without actual export, or by something which simply outputs a list of all peaks above a user-specified level, acompanied by their timeline locations in the session. this would help one to address level issues in a targetted manner, without having to listen through the entire session while watching meters.

--
.pltk.