[Ardour-Dev] /branches/sbergen suitable for user testing?

Sakari Bergen sakari.bergen at tkk.fi
Fri Jul 18 06:08:43 PDT 2008

The changes in my branch are only export and metadata related. So
anything that works in the 3.0 branch, should work in my branch also.
That being said, the 3.0 branch usually has problems loading 2.X
sessions and is quite unstable regarding audio.

Running sessions saved from my branch should not cause problems when
opened in 3.0. It saves some extra information into the session file
(metadata) and into instant.xml files (export setup). The metadata and
export setup gets lost when saved in 3.0. But, since export doesn't work
in 3.0 anyway I don't see this as a problem :)

Some people have already been testing it out, and I'm always interested
in getting feedback and crash reports. I try to fix all crashes ASAP,
but I can't promise anything regarding feature requests.
(#ardour at freenode is the preferred communication channel, you can always
write to me there, and I'll read it when I'm at my computer. E-mail is
ok too.)

Things are quite stable right now, but I'll soon be adding
multiplication support (i.e. exporting many specifications at once) and
stuff might get a bit unstable again...

Thanks for all the testers so far!

-Sakari-