[Ardour-Dev] **TEST** release of ardour 2.2

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Jan 12 07:18:16 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Goddard" <chris at oofus.demon.co.uk>
> John hi
>
> In the options menu there is 'stop transport at session end'. If you
> un-check this then you are free to play, scroll etc beyond the end marker.

Excellent..!  This has been annoying me for ages but I never got around to
asking about it,  Actually, there's another transport glitch that keeps
annoying me too, so maybe this is a good time to bring it up....

Let's say I'm playing out a playlist with the play head moving (as opposed
to a stationary play head).  If I use the horizontal scroll bar to move my
display forwards in time (while it's still playing) everything's fine (the
playhead moves off the LHS of my screen of course, but eventually it comes
back again when the appropriate time gets reached).  However, this doesn't
work if I move the display earlier in time.  If I scroll the display to an
earlier time, as soon as I let go of the scroll bar, the display jumps back
to the current play time.  I don't think this is a bug.  I think it's just a
consequence of the way that the display works but I've found it quite
disconcerting (even though it's not something you need to do very often).

John