[Ardour-Dev] Open session startup directory

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Sun Feb 24 10:51:15 PST 2008

I can't seem to find any way to get Ardour to start in a specific
directory for "Open Session".  After looking at the code it appears that
it is hard-wired to $HOME.  I wouldn't think that most people would put
all of their work in their home directory especially since that's
usually on the root drive and we've been recommending using a separate
drive for audio for quite a while.  So, unless I'm mistaken, this would
be a feature request - it would be nice if Ardour could save the
location of the last used directory in the Open Session menu and return
there instead of $HOME the next time it's used.

V/R
--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
http://www.thecfband.com

"Microsoft has a new version out, Windows XP, which according to
everybody is the 'most reliable Windows ever.' To me, this is like
saying that asparagus is 'the most articulate vegetable ever.'"

Dave Barry