[Ardour-Dev] building ardour 2.7 on SUSE 11

Hector Centeno hcengar at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 07:34:41 PST 2008

HI,

Just in case someone suffers of the same problem (Ardour 2.7 package
from Packman on OpenSuse crashing when starting), I found that the
problem was introduced by a higher version of libredland (1.0.8) that
got installed when I added the KDE:KDE4:Factory repositories to
install KDE 4.1. Downgrading to libredland (1.0.7) from the main
OpenSuse repos made Ardour work again (and probably brake something in
KDE, but haven't found any problems yet).

Cheers,

Hector