[Ardour-Dev] Ardour GUI strings

Piotr Zaryk pzaryk at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 23:24:09 PDT 2008

Hi,

    I have a little suggestion for the Ardour GUI. For a professional look
and usability it would be great to change a few things: do not repeat words
in the interface that are included in the tab name or higher category (for
ex. menu Edit>Nudge>(Nudge) Forward). The 'nudge' in the bracket should be
removed. Im am a member of a professional GNOME/Mozilla translators team
Aviary.pl and our standards include this recommendation. Ardour is a part of
GNOME and the standards tells about KISS and the language economy. The Less
words, the more interface is clear and professional.
    I could change the strings myself but would like to know how to do that.
Should I use Glade and edit some files or only the change of a pot file is
needed?
    What do you thing about it?

--
Best Regards,