[Ardour-Dev] ./ardour-2.1: error while loading shared libraries: libardour.so:

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Sun Sep 30 03:30:30 PDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-30 at 00:37 -0700, Martin Lynch wrote:
> Just downloaded and compiled Ardour 2.1, however the executables don't
> do anything and if try starting it with ./ardour-2.1 I get this error:
>
> #./ardour-2.1: error while loading shared libraries: libardour.so:

Did you install ardour or just compile? The executable is not meant to
be started from the source directory the way you tried executing it.

"scons install" will install it, and "ardour2" will start it.

If you want to try it before installing, after you've compiled ardour
you can start it via the "ardev" (dev as in for development) script
which is in the gtk2_ardour/ -directory.

  Sampo