[Ardour-Dev] Shared objects

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Sep 21 05:17:56 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 08:15 +0200, John Anderson wrote:

> Generally when packages are installed into /usr/local, the libraries end
> up in /usr/local/lib. Ardour however puts them all
> into /usr/local/lib/ardour2

the libraries that are in /usr/local/lib/ardour2 are NOT designed for
use by anything except ardour itself. we are not installing libraries
for system-wide purposes, but a specific and possibly tweaked set of
libs to avoid having to mess around with static linking. other apps do
similar things (e.g. the GIMP, Firefox)

--p