[Ardour-Dev] Ardour 2.1 segfaults

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Oct 1 12:56:44 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 20:39 +0200, Eldad Zack wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've compiled ardour 2.1, and it segfaults right after (I suspect) trying to
> initialize the audio engine.
> It occurs both when starting a new session, or an existing session.
> Also, it doesn't matter if ardour start jack or jack is already up.
>
> I tried removing ~/.ardour2 just to be sure it didn't cause any trouble, but
> no go.
>
> I reverted to 2.0.5, which works fine.

this is a build problem on your machine. what build options did you use
with scons? did you use SYSLIBS? what version of GTK do you have
installed? I have seen another similar report about this on Gentoo on
IRC recently. the eventual outcome was unclear. i can assure you that
with GTK 2.10 and 2.12 with the standard compile flags, this error does
does not occur.

--p