[Ardour-Dev] importing files

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Thu Nov 1 06:26:58 PDT 2007

On 11/1/07, Fons Adriaensen <fons at kokkinizita.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 08:58:35AM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
>
> > otoh, lets just check something. when you say the file is copied, how do
> > you know this?
>
> First noticed this when checking available space with df.
> And the copies are in <session>/interchange/<session>/audiofiles.
> In the one session where it worked, no such copies are present,
> just some very short placeholders.

Hmm, I wouldn't expect short placeholders ever.  It would either be a
hard link or nothing, IIRC.  And a hard link would look strikingly
like a real file at first glance, except I wouldn't expect df or du to
show any extra used space.  It should be obvious when a 9 GB file is
being copied on import, I assume it actually takes a while?

jlc