[ardour-dev] another offending session

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Tue May 15 06:14:41 PDT 2007

Quoting Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com>:

> Greetings:
>
> I've built a recent SVN version and I've run into a problem with a
> particular session (though it may indicate a general issue).

Which svn? trunk or 2.0-ongoing?

Trunk is currently unstable, so issues are to be expected. I can't test your
session now though.

> Is it possible that I've hit a memory lock problem ? The offending
> session makes use of some large soundfiles, so where/how would I test
> for a memlock issue ?

The memory lock "issue" means that the operating system will stop allocating
more memory for your real time process when you go hit the limit. That will
instantly crash Ardour for you.

If you want to be 120% sure that it's not the memory lock issue, you can set
the limit in /etc/security/limits.conf to a considerably larger value,
logout, login, then try again.

  Sampo