[ardour-dev] 2.0.2 issues...

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri May 11 03:39:42 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-11 at 11:30 +0200, Harold Aling wrote:
> Lawrence T. Levine wrote:
> > Ok... this is probably me or hopefully easy but I've been banging my head
> > against the wall and now I'm stuck.... :(
> >
> > I made the classic mistake of changing two things.
> >
> > 1) I upgraded Jack from .101 to .103. It seemed to go fine but I have to
> > admit I haven't run anything before the next steps but I have reason to
> > believe it's part of my problem.
> >
> Did you recompile all applications depending on jack?

this is almost never necessary. JACK has had a backwardly-compatible
stable ABI from the perspective of applications for some time.

qjackctl crashing might be related to the upgrade, and it might be
necessary to recompile *it*, but you do not have to recompile JACK
clients when JACK is upgraded except under specific circumstances that
we will make clear when we do a release.

--p