[ardour-dev] Ardour2 wishlist

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Sun Mar 4 00:59:02 PST 2007

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, Esben Stien wrote:

> "Kjetil S. Matheussen" <k.s.matheussen at notam02.no> writes:
>
>> I post here a long wish-list
>
> It would be nice with one mail per wish for the issues you'd like to
> discuss. It's very tiring to read this entire mail;).

I'm not so sure 40 mails would be any better. :-)

> For the rest, put them directly into mantis;).

I put the bugs in there, plus one wish I forgot in the mail. I wanted
to discuss that one too though, but I already posted that long mail.

I miss some kind of design explanation about the automation interface.

Actually, basically, I just want it to be exactly the same as in
radium/snd-ls, which I also made, so my preferences are extremely biased.
However, those two automation interfaces are based on doing as few
operations (mouse-clicks, mouse-moves, keyboard press, thinking) as
possible. Ardour doesn't work like that, and I wonder why.