[Ardour-Dev] control_protocol, remote_control_id

Giso Grimm gg3137 at vegri.net
Sat Jul 28 09:11:59 PDT 2007

Hi again,

while looking at the code of control_protocol.cc I got the impression
that Route::remote_control_id() is a number between 1 and
Session::nroutes(), while in the functions ControlProtocol::next_track()
and prev_track() it is handled as if it would be a number between 0 and
nroutes()-1. I am not completely sure about it. Could someone comment on
this?

Another question is related to the class TranzportControlProtocol
defined in libs/surfaces/tranzport/tranzport_control_protocol.h: The
member 'current_track_id' is initialized to 0, and this value is never
changed. Does this reflect the fact that the Tranzport device can
control only one route at a time? What is the intention of the argument
to the ControlProtocol::next_track() and prev_track() functions?

- Giso