[Ardour-Dev] Ardour 2.0.3 assertion failure

Colin Fletcher colinf at axicon.com
Tue Jul 24 06:18:24 PDT 2007

Hello chaps,

First off, I have to say "magnificent work!" to everyone who's made
Ardour such a fine piece of software: I've used it for several projects
already, and each time I've been pleased to find straightforward ways to
do everything I've wanted.

Anyway, a bug (if bug it is): I can repeatably provoke Ardour 2.0.3
(compiled from source on Ubuntu 7.04) to die with the following
assertion failure, by choosing a existing session (not saved as a
template) as a template for a new session, and then record-enabling a
track in the new session.

ardour-2.0.3: /usr/include/boost/shared_ptr.hpp:253: T*
boost::shared_ptr<T>::operator->() const [with T =
ARDOUR::AudioFileSource]: Assertion `px != 0' failed.

I realise this is most likely a "don't do that, then" kind of bug, but
it seems reasonable to me that I ought to be able to use an existing
session as a template, since it allows me to choose one, and seems to
nearly work.

Cheers.

Colin Fletcher.