[ardour-dev] Memory leak in XML::remove_property() ?

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jul 9 04:54:34 PDT 2007

When a property gets added to an XML Node using XMLNode::add_property(),
a new XML property gets created at line 321 of xml++.cc - i.e.

XMLProperty *tmp = new XMLProperty(ns, v);

When the node gets deleted, it seems as if any memory allocated to
properties also gets deleted (although I haven't traced through the code to
find out how this happens).  However, a property's memory only seems to get
deleted as long as the property wasn't removed.  If I remove the property
using XMLNode::remove_property() its memory never seems to get deleted.

I can delete the memory easily enough myself - but I just wondered if
XMLNode::remove_property() shold be deleting any memory that was
originally allocated by XMLNode::add_property() ?

John
P.S.  Sorry if this isn't the correct way to report bugs.