[ardour-dev] has anyone ever built ardour for windows?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Jan 22 07:50:42 PST 2007

n Sun, 2007-01-21 at 19:26 -0500, Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> > hi, im a newbie, want to develop,
> > has anyone ever built ardour for windows?
> > thanks,
>
> At the moment, to my knowledge it is not possible.  Of course I am
> hardly an authority on it at the same time.
>
> > maybe is lame to ask it but is it ok to
> > attempt to build ardour i cygwin?
>
> I see no reason why you couldn't try, though I am not sure I would
> expect success.  Is the port of Jack to windows even complete?  I had
> heard some progress was made but never paid much attention as I don't
> use windows.  Without Jack though Ardour won't be able to do you much good.

jackdmp runs on windows, and there is an ardour port to windows.

at this time, we are not promoting or discussing the windows version for
a variety of reasons. it is available from our subversion repository,
but we will not answer any questions on it in at all.

this position is subject to change at any time.

--p