[ardour-dev] AAF stuff

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jan 10 09:11:14 PST 2007

Hi Paul,

I don't know if you got my email (just before Christmas) but I've done about
as much as I can do for the time being on the AAF import code.  I can't
really do any more without being able to create an Ardour session file.

We discussed two ways of approaching this.... one way was to physically
"hand write" the XML file (which I must admit, I'm not keen on).  The other
was to create an Ardour session (via Session::Session) - then use
Session::add_playlist(), Session::add_route(), Session::add_diskstream()
etc, etc, - finally culminating in Session::save_state().  To me, this seems
to be a more promising approach but I don't know enough about Ardour
to judge whether or not it's likely to work.  Any guidance would be greatly
appreciated.

John
P.S. Please bear in mind that I'm still programming in Visual C++.  Are
there any "Windows compatible" libs / dll's yet that I could build or link
to?