[ardour-dev] Ardour 2 Beta 9 First Impressions

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Jan 3 07:16:27 PST 2007

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 09:51:15AM +0200, Sampo Savolainen wrote:
> > 2. "Destroy" is missing from the region context menu. There is still a
> > "Remove" option, however this does not delete the underlying wave file
> > like "Destroy" used to. Again, there is no way to delete capture files.
>
> I don't know what happened to this, but in my opinion it's better to use
> "remove" and "cleanup unused sources".

I'd like to throw an oar in this river: it seems to me that if you're
importing (rather than recording) a bunch of tracks, and recording
others, *and you're in a low disk space environment* (and this will
happen, and I think it's worth catering for myself, but it's a value
judgement, certainly), then you might want/need to zap specific audio
track files, without cleaning up *all* unused sources... unless I fail
to understand what Ardour's idea of an "unused source" actually is.

Cheers,
-- jra