[ardour-dev] Alsaconf and Ardour beta11.1...

muadib at in.gr muadib at in.gr
Tue Feb 27 09:56:13 PST 2007

Heh, it seems funny, but actually there is no /etc/modules file. There's only /etc/modprobe.conf, but I think this is irrelevant.

There's an 'alsasound' file inside /etc/init.d/ that has the following lines:

  # Force execution if not called by a runlevel directory.
  test $link = $base && START_ALSA=yes
  test "$START_ALSA" = yes || exit 0

  alsactl=/usr/sbin/alsactl
  asoundcfg=/etc/asound.state
  aconnect=/usr/bin/aconnect
  alsascrdir=/etc/alsa.d
  if [ -x /sbin/lsmod ]; then
    lsmod=/sbin/lsmod
  else
    lsmod=lsmod
  fi

Is this what we are looking for????

There's one other funny thing that happens ever since I installed FC3, which didn't happen when I was in Debian. I've noticed that the 'alsactl' command only shows up when I log in as ROOT from a console in CTRL+ALT+F1 etc., but ont from a console inside X. Is this normal??? Or is it a bug or a specific setup?