[Ardour-Dev] Problem running ardbg

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Fri Aug 31 16:38:31 PDT 2007

Hi all - I'm having problems running ardbg in order to generate a trace
for an issue I'm having, and I have hit an oddity.

I build 2.0.5 with the debugging symbols on, I think - here's my scache.conf
file:
DEBUG = 1
DIST_TARGET = 'i686'
NLS = 0
PREFIX = '/usr/local/ardour2'
TRANZPORT = 0

I did an scons install, and off we go...

xtc:~/source/ardour-2.0.5/gtk2_ardour% ./ardbg
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.3.0.0-1.134.fc5rh)
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux-gnu"...Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".

(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr1/source/ardour-2.0.5/gtk2_ardour/ardour-2.0.5
Reading symbols from shared object read from target memory...done.
Loaded system supplied DSO at 0x970000
/usr1/source/ardour-2.0.5/gtk2_ardour/ardour-2.0.5: error while loading shared libraries: libardour.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Program exited with code 0177.

Is there something I've missed?  Thanks.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com