[Ardour-Dev] Set Selected Regions

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Sun Aug 26 12:53:51 PDT 2007

Chris Goddard <chris at oofus.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Why ?

I said why. Every operation should be atomic and undoable. Anything
else is a bad idea, in my opinion.

This is common in applications that deals with canvas items, f.ex
gimp.

Whatever you do, it's an operation and it's being appended to the undo
list. The undo list is a feature request in ardour:

http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=1349

I can understand that people find it irritating to go through all
these selection operations without an undo list.

However, removing selection operations from the list of executed
operations instead of implementing an undo window, is a bad idea;).

Ardour as a state machine should be aware of every operation.

"A state stores information about the past, i.e. it reflects the input
changes from the system start to the present moment" - wikipedia

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m