[Ardour-Dev] Set Selected Regions

Dan Tepper soundman at wintaper.com
Fri Aug 24 06:43:20 PDT 2007

(IMHO)

Should not be "undo-able". I select things all the time. putting
every selection action in the undo list bloats the hell out of it. Solo
changes are probably also not important to be able to "undo" (IMHO)

I've found Ardour slows down a bit when i have a session opened for 6-9
hours straight. The most obvious culprit is the "save" action, which
starts to take a long time, and also undo starts taking a while. I've
found closing Ardour and deleting the history file helps. this starts to
happen when the history file reached several megabytes.

Also, if I "drag" a locked region, it doesn't move - but generates am
undo event available in the undo menu. So I see "Undo Drag" even though
I didn't drag anything. This can be confusing.

-dan