[ardour-dev] Include Directories

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Mon Apr 30 08:03:54 PDT 2007

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:51:52 -0000
"John Emmas" <johne53 at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks Patrice - that was quite useful,
>
> Just out of interest, what is 'slocate'?  Is it a standard utility or
> something you downloaded from somewhere (I don't seem to have it).

slocate and its non-secure partner, locate are, I believe, RedHat/Fedora
specific utilities.  There's a program that runs out of cron that indexes
the filenames on the machine, and once that db exists, will quickly tell
you what files and/or directories contain a particular string.

I've never seen it on an AIX or HP/UX machine, and all my Linux boxen are
RedHat variants.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com