[ardour-dev] 2.0rc2 released

Quentin Harley qharley at wbs.co.za
Thu Apr 26 12:09:42 PDT 2007

Paul Davis wrote:
> A week or two on from 2.0rc1, and its time to offer up 2.0rc2:
>
>   http://ardour.org/files/releases/ardour-2.0rc2.tar.bz2
>
> (DMG to follow), which we hope will be the final release before 2.0.
> At this point, we don't anticipate any code changes at all before
> 2.0. Read more below for the changes since rc1 ...

Hey Paul (and the rest),

It must be very exciting to see your babies finally growing out of the
decimal release numbers.  Good stuff!

Installed RC2 from the tar and everything I normally use works well so
far. Thanks! ardour2 now looks so yummy that I even convinced my
Pro-tools-head brother to give it a try!

Some repeatable segfaults though...

   1. Start Ardour2
   2. Open Session, and choose a recent session with a few snapshots.
   3. After loading, open Snapshots taskcard on the editor window
   4. Select a different snapshot on the card.
   5. Immediate segfault

   1. Close an open session on the "File" => "Close session" menu in the
      editor
   2. Session closes, revealing the Session control window.
   3. click "Open session" and open any session
   4. Immediate segfault

Except for these I haven't had problems.  At least it is not dangerous
errors, just mildly irritating, and certainly avoidable by changing
workflow (for now anyways ;-)  )

If you need backtraces, let me know, and I'll compile from SVN.  In the
mean time... I'm working on a deadline project using rc2.  Live on the edge.

Regards,
Quentin