[ardour-dev] timecode - WAS :TRANSLATORS: time to crack the whip

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Tue Apr 10 03:41:20 PDT 2007

Petter Sundlöf wrote:
> I see you are also not able to translate "Timecode"

Let me quote you completely off-topic!

It would be a great feature to "translate timecode" !  In the sense of
mid-context session-speed changes (eg. from 24fps to 36fps slow motion).

pre-programmed vari-speed; by my mapping the //linear jack-transport//
to a session or per-track transport (some function, EDL, script, etc.)

I've tried a some hacks (generating MTC, sequencing jack-transport), but
lack the time to pursue it at the moment.. - maybe it's not ardour, but
libjack and a standalone app is suited better for implementing timecode
sequencing.. - but if there are plans for ardour, there'd be no need to
duplicate efforts.. -

> We have to work with Paul to fix this.

again, a nice suggestion ;) - cheers, Petter!

#robin