[ardour-dev] Development environment

Mike Taht mike.taht at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 09:10:35 PDT 2007

On 4/9/07, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 15:42 +0000, John Emmas wrote:
>
> > > On 4/9/07, Mike Taht <mike.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ardour is a realtime process with many threads. It's almost impossible
> > > "step through" anything as there is so much going on at any given
> point
>
> unfortunately, what mike wrote is not really very accurate. i single
> step in ardour all the time. i set breakpoints, i catch exceptions etc
> etc etc.

well, paul's MUCH better at it than me!

And also, more patient - I prefer to be running in realtime, and to oprofile
rather than profile, and paul's into things like not running in realtime and
even things like valgrind and cachegrind...

now, the ardour code I'm working on at present (surfaces) debugs nicely even
with realtime threads running... so where/when you can debug is very
dependent on where in the code you are.

--p

Mike Taht
PostCards From the Bleeding Edge