[ardour-dev] Ardour Sync Options ?

Dan Tepper dan at wintaper.com
Mon Nov 20 11:24:51 PST 2006

this is in regards to version .99x

I'm interested in the best way to configure ardour sync for my needs.
Specifically, "Sync with Jack" vs "Internal" and whether I need "JACK
Time Master" set. (perhaps an explanation or point me to a link)

Essentially I am doing overdubs. So i have some wav tracks playing back
in ardour and a live mic used to record the overdub parts. No other gear
(except analog monitoring) but i do feed a gverb out of the computer and
into the headphone monitor system.

I'm using an Apogee Mini-Me as mic pre / A2D and then running spdif into
an RME HDSP-9652. The HDSP is set to sync to the spdif in - because i
like the apogee clock.

The reason I ask is that I have noticed sync problems with the dubbed
parts - usually needing a nudge exactly equivalent to the latency i set
in jack (easiest to hear @ 4096 frames).

the tracks played back are sent directly to playback outs to minimize
path lengths.

Any help would be appreciated

-dan tepper