[ardour-dev] ardour2 svn (1098) questions and issues

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Nov 9 10:25:22 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 15:04 +1100, Shayne O'Connor wrote:
> a few minor things looking at svn since last beta:
>
> * playlists seem to be a bit buggy - can't create new ones, and only
> sometimes switch between existing ones.

fixed this morning, to be committed soon.

> * i'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature: creating groups in the
> editor windows "group" tab doesn't create a corresponding group in the
> mixer window's group editor, nor vice versa ... perhaps they are meant
> to be seperate, though?

they are intended to be separate, following the protools model.

> * in any tree view where there are sub-items (with the little expander
> arrow next to them), hovering over the item with the mouse automatically
> expands it ... is there anyway to disable this (i guess it would be a
> gtkrc option?).

i have observed this, but i do not know what causes it. any
investigative info from anyone would be useful.

> * ages ago (pre-ardour2) i turned off the splash screen ... how do i
> turn it back on? can't for the life of me find how ...

ardour -n
ardour --show-splash

will show the splash screen in all its thorsten-created glory.