[ardour-dev] 2.0 beta 7 released

Olivier Doaré nolv at free.fr
Tue Nov 7 12:58:27 PST 2006

Paul Davis a écrit :

>>> better

>>> thats absolutely the wrong solution. unpack the tarball again, compile
>>> it again and post the entire build log here. thanks.
>>>
>> Sorry, i knew it was a bad idea, i promise to not do it again...
>> You'll find in attachement the copious scons output.
>>

> thanks. problem identified. the fix is now in svn (rev 1090 and above).
> if you want to workaround it, apply the following patch to your tree.
> otherwise, you will have to wait or use the hack i told you not to
> use :)

Thank you Paul. I'm doing a "svn up" on my main machine instead. In fact
I was trying the compilation on another computer with minimal
development library, so i choosed beta7.1.

Let me take this opportunity to report some problems i have seen:

* In beta7.1, among other things, the ardev script is absent. Is it
intentional? I think it can be useful for people who want to run ardour
from the installation directory, even if not building from svn.

* In beta7.1 as well as in latest svn, when run from gnome, the GUI is
nice and standard. But when run from another WM, say fluxbox, the
non-empty lists look like this:
http://nolv.free.fr/ardour/ardour_blank.png
http://nolv.free.fr/ardour/ardour_blank2.png
Every other parts of the GUI are OK. Note that i have no ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file.

* When embedding a soundfile, it seems that ardour doesn't correctly
create a peakfile, i get this message over and over when playing or
moving the mouse over the region:
    [ERROR]: AudioSource: cannot open peakpath
"/home/ol/tape/test2/peaks/f1.peak" (Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce
type) (No file or directory of this type)
And, of course the waveform is not displayed in the region.

Bye,
--
Olivier