[ardour-dev] There is important testing to be done

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Fri Mar 31 15:12:41 PST 2006

Hi,

Hopefully the last fixes to the 0.99 branch are now in CVS. These fixes
should now be tested before we can release 0.99.3

(Some of the) issues corrected:

 - Fixed non realtime-safe code ran when stopping recording
   (this caused jackd to kick ardour out when recording was stopped)
 - Fixes to crash recovery
 - Templates are refreshed at runtime
 - Fixed marker undo problems
 - Split regions now retain their crossfades and layering
 - Correct gain for pannerless tracks/buses

libardour: 0.908.0
ardour/gtk: 1.4.1

The CVS snapshot is available at:
    http://ardour.org/files/releases/ardour-cvs.tar.bz2

Please pay special attention to splitting regions. This very important
part of the editing system has been fixed so that crossfades attached to
the split region are not lost and the layering will not be changed (=the
resulting shards from the split will retain their relative layering
compared to other regions). Bugs in the split function would make the
0.99.3 release totally unusable.

If you can, please test & report in the following days. We are hoping to
get 0.99.3 out at the start of the next week, but this depends on
whether we get confirmation that the fixes actually work and don't cause
other issues. ;)

--
Sampo Savolainen <v2 at iki.fi>