[ardour-dev] [Patch] Ardour2 LASH support

Dave Robillard drobilla at connect.carleton.ca
Mon Mar 27 22:02:10 PST 2006

Hi all,

Based on Florian Schmidt's earlier patch, I've made some improvements and ported
it to ardour2.  This version disables all Jack connection making from Ardour if
it's running under LASH, so sessions restore without any errors in Ardour about
failed connections.

This disabling is a little heavy handed ATM, all connecting within
Ardour is disabled, but eg. manually choosing your routes in the GUI should work.
I'll fix this in a few days, it's trivial.

This is still a preliminary version (sessions are still stored externally with
an ugly reference to the file name, rather than sessions being in the Lash
project directory), but I've successfully restored a session with 4 instruments
and a few apps running through ardour with some ...creative... routing (that would
easily have taken 15 minutes to restore manually) so it seems to be working okay.

All that remains to be done is to solve the session directory location issue.
More on that later...

Attached patch is against ardour2 CVS on March 28.

-DR-