[ardour-dev] cvs commit to remove xpms from code and create runtime loadable image files

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sat Mar 11 20:43:59 PST 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 05:45 +0100, Esben Stien wrote:
> Doug McLain <doug at nostar.net> writes:
>
> > I just commited some code that loads 2 xpms from xpm files
>
> Oh, no, please no pixmaps. We should be using vector and drawing
> directly with cairo.

gtk 2.6 has no support for cairo. 90% of all GTK installations do not
have support for cairo. please don't suggest that we target something
like this when it is premature. as gtk 2.8/2.10 becomes standard, most
of our stuff will migrate, in some cases effortlessly. until then,
pixmap-based images are here to stay.