[ardour-dev] Can't compile 0.99.1 or 0.99.2

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Thu Mar 9 23:12:36 PST 2006

Quoting Emre Meydan <emremeydan at gmail.com>:

> Nevermind, i figured it out.
>
> Found out that libjack is already installed together with jack. It's
> just that the library files weren't in the correct directories. The
> error was about not being able to locate "libjack.0.so", so i found 3
> files with similar names in one of the lib directories (in /usr), and
> copied them to all the other "lib" and "libjack" directories i could
> find under /usr  -- just to make sure it works ;) --  and the problem
> is solved, ardour 0.99.2 now works!

I'm glad that it works for you. However, the way you did it was a bit
strange and might cause you issues in the future.

I suggest you try removing all the copies you made of libjack. Then make
sure you have jackd, libjack and the development package for libjack
installed (it's probably called something like libjack-0.100.0-1.dev). Then
recompile ardour.

This is the "right way to do it" (tm) and it will save you from troubles
when you install a newer version of jackd from the Ubuntu repository.

  Sampo