[ardour-dev] Ardour Visual Weirdness

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Sun Jun 18 23:36:23 PDT 2006

Quoting DCZX <downerczx at yahoo.com>:

> Hello,
>
> I just compiled Ardour on Linux (the newest noncvs
> version... .3?) version SuSE 10.1. It seems to work
> okay except for some graphic elements are not right.
> The waveforms show up as solid black bars, no graphics
> in them. Also, the colors are kind of strange compared
> to other versions of Ardour I've used in Agnula or
> Musix. Any suggestions how I can get the wave displays
> back?

If I remember correctly (I'm still having my morning coffee), the peak file
format has changed somewhere at the 0.99.x series. Remove all files in the
peaks/ directory under the session directory ([SessionName]/peaks/). When
you next restart ardour, ardour will recalculate all peak files and things
should get back to normal.

About other visual strangeness you are seeing: a screenshot will visualize
graphics issues a lot better than words. ;)

If the previous version you were using is 0.99beta[something], you might've
just been using a version with a different theme. We changed the theme
sometime during the beta -phase. The screenshoton the ardour.org frontpage
shows the current theme for the 0.99.x lineage.

 Sampo