[ardour-dev] sse optimizations

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Sun Jan 29 16:18:01 PST 2006

On 1/29/06, John Rigg <ardev at sound-man.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 01:50:38AM +0000, John Rigg wrote:
> > The  reduction in CPU load isn't quite as dramatic as on x86 32-bit
> > (not too surprising as the x86_64 ABI makes greater use of CPU registers).
> > I'll put together a patch in the next day or two so others can try it.
>
> Here's a link to the patch (it's a little too large for the list):
>
> http://www.sound-man.co.uk/linuxaudio/ardour/ardour-sse64-patch-0.99

I would like to commit sse64 support to CVS but it appears that this
patch replaces all 32 bit instructions with the 64bit alternatives.
Does this imply that the resulting code will *not* work on 32 bit
systems?  If so, we need to split these into separate routines and
bind them appropriately on init, as if it was a different platform.

jlc