[ardour-dev] Node based plugins

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Jan 25 20:16:35 PST 2006

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 03:07:12PM -0600, Ben Loftis wrote:
> Secondly, has the concept of "per region" plugins ever been discussed?
> Apparently this is a useful feature of Tracktion.  Seems like it would be
> easy to implement on the popup region editor.

You mean being able to "filter" a clip, the way, say, Premiere allows?

I was just musing on this the other day.  I sort of like the filter the
mixer approach, though it does require you to use a few more tracks
than you do with filter the clips.

And, on an unrelated topic, I want to apologize to Paul for the nasty
thoughts that were running through my head about Ardour's interface
design complexity.  I was on IRC the first couple days whining about
how hard it was for the uninitiated to figure out how to do something
as simple as trimming a clip.

Having now pounded out a 7 minute music-on-hold project in Ardour, I
appreciate quite a bit more that there is *so much* in the interface,
that if you tried to make it work like a standard windowed app, you
would in fact have too many collisions.

Clearly, I come from the non-ProTools-background community.

Now, I do think that Ardour is likely to get a lot of play in that
community, so I guess I better get humping and start helping write the
documentation.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra

	A: No.
	Q: Should I include quotations after my message body?