[ardour-dev] Node based plugins

Reuben Martin reuben.m at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 11:04:08 PST 2006

On 1/25/06, Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan at starband.net> wrote:
> Christopher K. George wrote:
>
> >Here's a second.  I also proposed this probably a year ago.  At that time
> >there was openness to it if somebody wanted to take it on.  I keep telling
> >myself someday I'll give it a shot.
> >
> >Christopher George

> >>I like this very much;). I actually proposed this the other day in
> >>#ardour, but was turned down. Of course this could be an option you
> >>can enable. It's also possible to paint a small canvas inside the
> >>"prefader routing" box; it should also be possible to program it so
> >>that you can drag and drop them into other boxes.
> >>
> >>Very nice and i hope you pursue this idea;).
> >>

> This does look like a good visual representation for routing plugins.
> With "cut n paste" options not withstanding, it would sure be nice to
> have this as an option. It was a nice feature in AMS that made it a
> little easier to keep track of routing when many plugins were being used.
>
> Is this proposed as a per channel / buss possibility? Perhaps Im missing
> this but how would it be accessed? Double Click on "plugins" window in
> each channel / buss?
>
> thanks
> R~

If you look in the mixer strip in the mockup, the plugins windows
(both pre and post) were changed to buttons. They are quite huge, so
theoretically I guess you could make them smaller and stick in a UI of
some sort to restore the cut and paste functionality.

BTW this was just an image. I didn't actually hack the code to do this
into the UI. :) But I'm sure that with a little borrowed code from the
UI from Om, it wouldn't be hard to do.