[ardour-dev] Build problem on SuSE 9.3: libtool; line 557.

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Tue Jan 17 14:01:03 PST 2006

"Jay R. Ashworth" <jra at baylink.com>:
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 09:53:25AM +0100, Wolfgang Woehl wrote:
> > You need the package "jack-devel". It will, among other things,
> > provide jack's header files with the missing declarations.
>
> The problem actually turned out to be that I'd mis-synched my jack-
> and jack-devel RPM's, and the subsidiary problem that neither was
> 0.100: there don't appear to *be* any mainline 0.100 RPMs for SuSE
> 9.3.

Yes, suse's not exactly a bleeding edge audio thing. It's not their
focus. Instead they adopted ReiserFS and Xen early. But the audio lag
made me get rid of all related rpm's and build myself. Been in trouble
ever since :)

By the way: I find "checkinstall" extremely helpful in making the mess
cozy.

Wolfgang