[ardour-dev] Live Mixdown

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 12 05:18:44 PST 2006

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Wolfgang Woehl wrote:

> How do live engineers do it?

Long XLR cables / Mulicable, longest distance I personally did was 100m,
then multitrack recording, with a SB Live at that time, nuff said. The
only thing that was bad, the bands own wireless-mic that did a groundloop.

Since I only did the recording not the actual mix we applyed a filter
afterwards on the specific band.

If someone really wants to do network stuff I would advice FreeNX.
Currently I'm building an online speech tagger (with audio). Works way
better than VNC (and the 'native' X networking stuff, you don't want your
app to stop if someone pulls the plug).

Stefan de Konink